PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

I forgot my password

PPO TIme

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Dammam (1384)
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyWhat Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? Vote1010What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? Empty 
acruz (1049)
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyWhat Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? Vote1010What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? Empty 
zapco (915)
dennis_go (910)
.bygafricans. (854)
mhyke7 (787)
kingphilipkennel (528)
lutinoman (519)
blessmar (419)
lestre (236)

Latest topics
» going light na mga ibon
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 5:53 pm by seascapesloft

» Dynamically move your LCD on wall like this
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 pm by maria17

» WHO MUST WE BLAME?
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm by maria17

» LETS COUNT IN ENGLISH WORDS
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm by maria17

» ENJOY THE COFFEE
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 pm by maria17

» what should i do for my wall mount fireplace lcd
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:03 pm by maria17

» what should i prepare for my home?
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:40 pm by maria17

» INTERVIEW THE NEXT PERSON
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm by maria17

» Want your feedback about fireplace LCD
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 pm by maria17

» PARES PARES
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm by maria17

» Mag sign in tayo dito
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm by maria17

» Best Borwser
What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm by maria17

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 

What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have?

Go down

What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have? Empty What Type Of Fur Does Your Dog Have?

Post by Dammam Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Dogs have TONS of hair (as you probably know). I am reminded of this every time I look down and see it all over my pants!

Why do dogs have hair?

Dog fur and hair provide a variety of benefits to our canine companions - they provide protection against foreign substances and extreme weather conditions. Your dog's coat is especially important during the cold winter months.

There are a variety of dog fur and hair types that go beyond curly, straight, long and short. And depending on the type of hair your dog has, he may need to be groomed a bit differently.

Which type of fur does your dog have?

Long (Bobtails, Collies, etc.): Long, smooth and silky with an under cape of thick hair. Occasionally, this hair may have light curls. Dogs with this type of coat typically require daily grooming and frequent bathing.

Short (Corgis, German Shepherds, etc.): Typically looks like 2 different capes of fur - long fur on top and much shorter fur underneath. Weekly grooming typically works and bathing isn't needed as often.

Curly (Irish Water Spaniels, Kerry Blues, Curly Coated Retrievers, etc.): This is curly, waterproof fur. It can usually be cut, washed and trimmed once a month or every two months. Scissors and other grooming tools are often necessary.

Silky (Cockers, Yorkies, Afghans, etc.): This type of hair requires more consistent grooming to prevent it from knotting. Daily grooming and monthly bathing are typically necessary. Scissors, combs and other grooming tools are often needed to keep the dog's coat silky & healthy.

Hard (Italian Hounds, Teckels, Airedale Terriers, Schnauzers, etc.): Dead fur should be removed every 3-4 months and firmly pulled in the direction of its growth. The coat should be brushed once or twice a month to get rid of dust, though bathing is only needed a few times a year.

Flat (Boxers, Dobermans, etc.):
This hair is the easiest to take care of - a simple weekly grooming session will do!

With most of our dogs, the inevitable fact seems to be that their hair and fur sheds. Worse still is the fact that it winds up on your clothes, your furniture, your floors and all over the house.
Dammam
Dammam
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum