PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

I forgot my password

PPO TIme

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Dammam (1384)
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyTick and Flea Problems??? Vote1010Tick and Flea Problems??? Empty 
acruz (1049)
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyTick and Flea Problems??? Vote1010Tick and Flea Problems??? Empty 
zapco (915)
dennis_go (910)
.bygafricans. (854)
mhyke7 (787)
kingphilipkennel (528)
lutinoman (519)
blessmar (419)
lestre (236)

Latest topics
» going light na mga ibon
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 5:53 pm by seascapesloft

» Dynamically move your LCD on wall like this
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 pm by maria17

» WHO MUST WE BLAME?
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm by maria17

» LETS COUNT IN ENGLISH WORDS
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm by maria17

» ENJOY THE COFFEE
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 pm by maria17

» what should i do for my wall mount fireplace lcd
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:03 pm by maria17

» what should i prepare for my home?
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:40 pm by maria17

» INTERVIEW THE NEXT PERSON
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm by maria17

» Want your feedback about fireplace LCD
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 pm by maria17

» PARES PARES
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm by maria17

» Mag sign in tayo dito
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm by maria17

» Best Borwser
Tick and Flea Problems??? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm by maria17

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 

Tick and Flea Problems???

2 posters

Go down

Tick and Flea Problems??? Empty Tick and Flea Problems???

Post by dorencourtkennel Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 am

Tick and Flea Problems???

Having problems dealing with your pet’s tick and flea infestation? This treatment regimen is the most effective I’ve found by far. It can keep your kennel clean for up to 1 year!!! It might cost a little more than your regular asuntol spray, but its definitely more effective and safer, plus you won’t need your local pest control to come in for treatment. In some ways, its even better than hiring a pest control company since they won’t treat your dogs the environment….

Remember, treating the ticks and fleas on your pet’s body is not enough, you need to treat the surrounding environment as well for your treatment to be effective.

This is the treatment regimen I use….
1.Treat the pets
2.Treat the backyard or outside the house
3.Treat the inside of the house.
4.Keep the ticks and fleas away from your pet

Treat the pets …

So far, frontline is the best anti-tick and flea (whether spot on or spray) that I have been able to use on my dog. The only problem is that the tick or flea has to bite and suck blood first before frontline kills them. Secondly, the effectivity of Frontline is dependent on the severity of the infestation. The more ticks you have, the shorter the protective time span of Frontline. This is why, in severe infestations, I advise that the dog be given a bath with anti-tick soap to at least decrease the quantity of ticks before placing frontline. This makes it more economical since a bar of Doggie’s choice Anti-tick soap that are available in veterinary clinics only cost about Php100.00. I prefer to use the ones in the clinic and not the ones bought in the grocery since the concentration is stronger for the prescription ones. Once the ticks are decreased due to a bath or two, Frontline is applied. Remember Frontline must be applied two days after the bath to maintain Frontline in the body. Again, if infestation is severe, I suggest the use of the Frontline spray instead of the spot on.

Treat the backyard ….

Most people use asuntol or coumaphos to treat their dogs ticks. They also use this liberally on the dog. I prefer not to do this since it is less effective plus it puts your dog at risk of getting poisoned. We do, however, use asuntol and other organophosphates and pesticides to treat the surrounding area of the house and where your pet is usually situated. Grassy areas and rough walls are common hiding places for ticks. Fleas commonly stay hidden in the carpets, while lice like to stay in areas with papers or cartons.
It is important to treat the surrounding area simultaneously with the treatment of your pet. Otherwise, you may be treating your pet now, but it is only a matter of time before your baby is re-infested by the parasites in the surrounding area.
Also an important point is that pesticides, in order to be effective, must have direct contact with the parasites, so be sure that you are able to spray the whole area with every corner covered.

Treat the house…

This is a little tricky… pesticides and organophosphates could be used as well, however, you’ll have to tolerate the stench of the pesticides in your house. Also, items in your house might get water damaged as well. The trick with treating the house is using fumigation as the technique to get rid of these parasites. Unfortunately, Baygon does not work on ticks. However, there is a product that was specially made for ticks and fleas, Room Fogger. Just lock it and leave it in the house with all the windows and doors close. Have everybody stay out along with all the pets. Keep the house closed for about 2 hrs then ventilate for about 10-20 minutes before entering the room. It kills not only ticks and fleas but ants and cockroaches as well…

Keep your pet tick free….

Once you have done all of the above about 3 times every week or two… (it sometimes takes longer if the infestation is severe), the next step is making sure that your pet doesn’t get these ticks again. Maintaining them on frontline is an option, however, like I mentioned earlier, the ticks and fleas have to bite before Frontline kills them. Since we know that blood parasite infections are acquired from tick bites, we want to make sure that our pets are not bitten at all to keep them from getting these diseases. Also, maintaining on Frontline every month may be a bit expensive. As such, I suggest using an anti-tick and flea collar. I prefer the scratchex anti-tick collar since they are very effective in keeping ticks away, plus they last about 5 months….
dorencourtkennel
dorencourtkennel
PPO Major
PPO Major

Back to top Go down

Tick and Flea Problems??? Empty Re: Tick and Flea Problems???

Post by daphiel217 Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:56 pm

very informative sir! Where can we get that anti-tick collar ? Nga pala sir, dun po ba kau sa petshop sa may harap ng petron bumibili ng beefpro ?
daphiel217
daphiel217
PPO Captain
PPO Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by dorencourtkennel Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:59 pm

daphiel217 wrote:very informative sir! Where can we get that anti-tick collar ? Nga pala sir, dun po ba kau sa petshop sa may harap ng petron bumibili ng beefpro ?

hehe kila edgard...
dorencourtkennel
dorencourtkennel
PPO Major
PPO Major

Back to top Go down

Post by daphiel217 Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:02 pm

sir, dun po ba yan sa may tapat ng petron?
daphiel217
daphiel217
PPO Captain
PPO Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by dorencourtkennel Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:04 pm

daphiel217 wrote:sir, dun po ba yan sa may tapat ng petron?

san po ba tukoy mo petron, sa g.tuazon?
dorencourtkennel
dorencourtkennel
PPO Major
PPO Major

Back to top Go down

Post by daphiel217 Sat May 02, 2009 11:23 pm

opo sa may g. tuazon nga! Very Happy dun po ba kau bumibili ng dog food ? nakita ko kc ung post nio dun.
daphiel217
daphiel217
PPO Captain
PPO Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by dorencourtkennel Sun May 03, 2009 3:16 pm

daphiel217 wrote:opo sa may g. tuazon nga! Very Happy dun po ba kau bumibili ng dog food ? nakita ko kc ung post nio dun.

opo dun nga
dorencourtkennel
dorencourtkennel
PPO Major
PPO Major

Back to top Go down

Post by daphiel217 Sun May 03, 2009 10:44 pm

ah. hehe. Very Happy kau po ba ung bumili ng beef pro last time ? ung nka cap ? Very Happy
daphiel217
daphiel217
PPO Captain
PPO Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by dorencourtkennel Tue May 05, 2009 12:45 am

daphiel217 wrote:ah. hehe. Very Happy kau po ba ung bumili ng beef pro last time ? ung nka cap ? Very Happy

di po ako yun...
dorencourtkennel
dorencourtkennel
PPO Major
PPO Major

Back to top Go down

Post by daphiel217 Tue May 05, 2009 11:25 am

ah. ok sir. akala q po kau, hehe. sana minsan mgkasabay tau dun.
daphiel217
daphiel217
PPO Captain
PPO Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by dorencourtkennel Sat May 09, 2009 10:12 pm

daphiel217 wrote:ah. ok sir. akala q po kau, hehe. sana minsan mgkasabay tau dun.

hehe... Laughing
dorencourtkennel
dorencourtkennel
PPO Major
PPO Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down