PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

I forgot my password

PPO TIme

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Dammam (1384)
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyDealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs Vote1010Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs Empty 
acruz (1049)
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyDealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs Vote1010Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs Empty 
zapco (915)
dennis_go (910)
.bygafricans. (854)
mhyke7 (787)
kingphilipkennel (528)
lutinoman (519)
blessmar (419)
lestre (236)

Latest topics
» going light na mga ibon
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 5:53 pm by seascapesloft

» Dynamically move your LCD on wall like this
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 pm by maria17

» WHO MUST WE BLAME?
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm by maria17

» LETS COUNT IN ENGLISH WORDS
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm by maria17

» ENJOY THE COFFEE
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 pm by maria17

» what should i do for my wall mount fireplace lcd
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:03 pm by maria17

» what should i prepare for my home?
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:40 pm by maria17

» INTERVIEW THE NEXT PERSON
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm by maria17

» Want your feedback about fireplace LCD
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 pm by maria17

» PARES PARES
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm by maria17

» Mag sign in tayo dito
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm by maria17

» Best Borwser
Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm by maria17

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 

Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs

Go down

Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs Empty Dealing with Destructive Chewing Dogs

Post by Dammam Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:08 pm

When kids tell their teachers that their dogs ate their homework, teachers tend to not believe them. But the fact is, some dogs will chew on anything and everything in sight!

I've heard story after story about dogs that chewed up everything from iPhones and remote controls to shoes, furniture and toys. You name it and, at one time or another, a dog has probably chewed on it.

Is your dog a destructive chewer? Has he destroyed things in your home or personal items, like clothes, shoes and electronics?

It's a real problem.

The fact is, dogs LIKE to chew. So, if you don't give your dog his own personal things to chew, he will be forced to satisfy his natural instincts by chewing the things around him ... YOUR things! And trust me, he will find plenty of things that are pleasing to chew.

Destructive chewing can be a very difficult behavior to deal with, but here are some tips that may help:

1. Give your dog a good quality chew toy. Make sure he has plenty of toys and that he knows what is acceptable to chew on and what is not.

2. Rotate your dog's toys so he doesn't get bored with the same toy.

3. If your dog chews up toys, choose durable toys that are nearly indestructible.

4. Make sure there are no removable parts that can be easily torn off and ingested.

5. Avoid toys that are small enough for your dog to swallow or too large for him to play with comfortably.

6. When you first give your dog a new toy, supervise his play to make sure that he plays with it appropriately.

7. Choose washable toys. Between the dirt and drool, your dog's chew toys can become pretty disgusting ... not to mention a natural breeding ground for unhealthy bacteria.

A good chew toy will satisfy your dog's natural urge to chew, help keep his life interesting and keep him contentedly entertained for hours on end. It can also help break your dog of those destructive chewing behaviors.

When you're shopping for a good chew toy, choose wisely. My staff and I are always on the lookout for the best new dog toys, so we've tested plenty of chew toys over the years. Recently, we found a very inventive new chew toy called Bottle Crunchers. The idea behind this toy is very smart ... and dogs just LOVE it!

For some reason, dogs just love the popping/crunching sound the plastic water bottles make when they chew on them. But as your dog chews, the sharp edges from the bottle's broken plastic can create a real health hazard, often slicing your dog's gums and mouth. Bottle Crunchers make the activity safe by protecting your dog's mouth. These brightly colored
protective "sleeves" (designed to look like a cute animal) fit snuggly around the empty water bottle and keep the sharp edges from cutting your dog's mouth. So he can chew to his heart's content.

Bottle Crunchers clean up nicely. Just throw them in the wash to remove all the dirt and drool. And when the water bottle inside wears out, just open the Bottle Crunchers sleeve and insert a new one.

One more comment about destructive chewing before I go. If a dog chews up and ingests items, it can cause serious health problems for your dog . Eating the stuffing in those pillows and sofa cushions can lead to serious gastro-intestinal problems that can require surgery.
Dammam
Dammam
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down