PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

I forgot my password

PPO TIme

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Dammam (1384)
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyDOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? Vote1010DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? Empty 
acruz (1049)
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyDOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? Vote1010DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? Empty 
zapco (915)
dennis_go (910)
.bygafricans. (854)
mhyke7 (787)
kingphilipkennel (528)
lutinoman (519)
blessmar (419)
lestre (236)

Latest topics
» going light na mga ibon
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 5:53 pm by seascapesloft

» Dynamically move your LCD on wall like this
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 pm by maria17

» WHO MUST WE BLAME?
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm by maria17

» LETS COUNT IN ENGLISH WORDS
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm by maria17

» ENJOY THE COFFEE
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 pm by maria17

» what should i do for my wall mount fireplace lcd
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:03 pm by maria17

» what should i prepare for my home?
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:40 pm by maria17

» INTERVIEW THE NEXT PERSON
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm by maria17

» Want your feedback about fireplace LCD
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 pm by maria17

» PARES PARES
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm by maria17

» Mag sign in tayo dito
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm by maria17

» Best Borwser
DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm by maria17

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 

DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG?

Go down

DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG? Empty DOES YOUR DOG AND HOUSE SMELL LIKE A DOG?

Post by Dammam Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:12 pm

When I ask dog owners what they love most about their dog, the answers I hear most often are companionship and unconditional love. I guess that's why they call him "man's best friend."

But owning a dog can also have a down side. Those same dog owners have one main complaint that I hear over and over again. They hate the dirt and odor ... on their dogs and in their homes.

That makes sense. Doggy breath, that "wet dog" smell, dirt or mud tracked onto your furniture or your freshly washed floors ... these things can be pretty tough to live with. But the good news is, you don't have to live with them. You can change them.

The best way to stop dirt and odor problems, both on your dog and in your home, is to treat them at their source ... and that source is your dog.

Dirt and odor can be controlled through proper grooming. If a dog is dirty or if he smells bad, it's not good for the dog and it's not good for you. That's why it's so important to keep your dog clean. But most dog owners have questions about what they need to do, how they need to do it, and how often they need to do it.

That's why I want to talk about good grooming today.

If your dog has "doggy breath" don't take it lightly. It probably means that he has periodontal disease, which causes tooth loss, bleeding gums and serious health problems. The bacteria can travel through your dog's body, eventually damaging his major organs. The problem is caused by poor dental hygiene, but it is an easy problem to fix. Brushing your dog's teeth will get rid of his bad breath. It will also improve his health. Studies show that brushing just 3 times a week can add as much as 5 years to your dog's life!

Regular bathing and grooming will solve your dog's other dirt and odor problems. Dampness, drool and all those "yucky" things your dog just loves to get into can make him look dirty, feel dirty ... and smell "like a dog".

How often should you wash your dog? Well, that depends on the dog. But if your dog SMELLS like a dog, he is definitely overdue for a good bath. Not bathing your dog often enough or well enough can cause odor as well as hair and skin problems. Dogs' coats (just like their mouths) are filled with unhealthy germs and bacteria, as well as loose hair, dander and debris. Proper grooming is the only way to keep your dog's coat clean and odor-free.

If your dog has fleas or ticks, he will be itchy and uncomfortable. These parasites carry many diseases that can be spread to your dog. Without proper treatment, these parasites will spread rapidly, infesting both your dog and your home. Regular grooming is the best way to spot parasites and treat the problem before it gets out of control.

If you have a dirty smelly dog, you may very well have a dirty smelly house. That can be a frustrating and unpleasant problem to live with. Even if you become partially "desensitized" to the odor over time, you still worry about the embarrassment when guests stop by and your house "smells like a dog".

If you want to have a clean fresh-smelling dog and a clean fresh-smelling house, a good grooming routine is the answer. But to solve your dirt and odor problem, you have to do the job right.

How would you start a good grooming routine? All dogs need to be groomed differently, depending on their breed, age, lifestyle and activity level. Do you know how to correctly groom your dog?

Remember, a clean fresh-smelling dog is a healthy dog.

Groom your dog regularly and your house will be clean and odor-free, too.
Dammam
Dammam
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down