PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PREMIERPETS ONLINE
Dear Guest,

Welcome to PREMIERPETS ONLINE.

A site made for our pets, a venue
to meet new friends and definitely
a place to get every information you
want to know about your chosen hobby.

Most of the Boards can only be seen by Members.
Please REGISTER to gain full access to the Site.
Thank you and have a nice day.

I forgot my password

PPO TIme

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Dammam (1384)
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyKEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS Vote1010KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS Empty 
acruz (1049)
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyKEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS Vote1010KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS Empty 
zapco (915)
dennis_go (910)
.bygafricans. (854)
mhyke7 (787)
kingphilipkennel (528)
lutinoman (519)
blessmar (419)
lestre (236)

Latest topics
» going light na mga ibon
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 5:53 pm by seascapesloft

» Dynamically move your LCD on wall like this
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 pm by maria17

» WHO MUST WE BLAME?
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm by maria17

» LETS COUNT IN ENGLISH WORDS
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm by maria17

» ENJOY THE COFFEE
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 pm by maria17

» what should i do for my wall mount fireplace lcd
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:03 pm by maria17

» what should i prepare for my home?
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:40 pm by maria17

» INTERVIEW THE NEXT PERSON
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm by maria17

» Want your feedback about fireplace LCD
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 pm by maria17

» PARES PARES
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm by maria17

» Mag sign in tayo dito
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm by maria17

» Best Borwser
KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm by maria17

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 

KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS

Go down

KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS Empty KEEPING WITH DOGGY FARTS

Post by Dammam Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:53 pm

I have to admit - today's topic is funny. Doggie Farts. Maybe I shouldn't say "funny" I know it isn't funny to you if your dog has a generous supply of "natural gas".

This is not an uncommon scenario. You, your spouse and the dog are quietly watching TV. Then you smell something foul. You know it wasn't you, but you are getting blamed. So naturally you blame it on your spouse ... but he says it was the dog. It really was the dog.

Many dog owners ask what they can do about their dog's "farts"?

First, let's define what we're talking about here. What exactly is a fart?

A fart, commonly referred to ask "gas" or "flatulence", is most often produced by foods that are high in polysaccharides. There are several digestive processes that take place, but essentially bacteria will feed on certain substances in the digestive tract producing gas. This can also be caused when dogs eat too quickly and swallow a lot of air.

Flatulence can be normal. However, I realize that it can also be annoying and sometimes, even embarrassing. b(

Certain foods often agree with some people more than others. I see the same thing happen with dogs. There are certain foods that some dogs have a bigger problem digesting, including some vegetables, beans, potatoes, cheese, yeasts and milk products. Some dogs even digest certain dog foods better than others. b(b(

Some pet owners just "tolerate" doggy farts. If you can't, here are some things you can do:b(

Minimize treats, especially vegetables and table foods that contain milk or milk by-products.
Feed your dog the same dog food every day. If the gas continues, talk to your vet about changing your dog's food. Try a premium food, like Hill's Science Diet or Iams Products. Ensure the food is AAFCO approved and formulated to meet your dog's life stage requirements (for instance, if your dog is 7 months old - use a food that is specially formulated for puppies). b(
Some people also think that flatulence is worse in dogs that eat quickly. You can try feeding smaller meals more frequently.b(
Never feed spoiled food.b(If your dog is having any abnormalities, see your veterinarian to ensure there is no underlying problem, such as parasites.
Keep an odor neutralizer on hand to minimize the smell.
Dammam
Dammam
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down